“Thank you” is probably one of the best phrases, ever! It is a blessing to humanity, here’s why:
1. You can diffuse any difficult situation with a “Thank you” and walk away, triumphant.
2. You can say “thank you” as many times as you want. If you say sorry too often, people will say stop apologizing so much. But have you ever heard anyone say “stop thanking me”? I rest my case.
3. It takes only a second to say and can mean so much to the person you’re saying it to. Like a person who has been thanked often to a person who has never been thanked, everyone appreciates gratitude.
4. You can double it with a smile and you could either be sarcastic or be genuine. No one will know.
5. Saying “thank you” does nothing to diminish your ego. If you have to say sorry to someone when you know it’s their fault, it hurts our ego. But saying thank you does not indicate anything. It only shows that you’re grateful and ends up making you look like the bigger person.
6. You can say it sarcastically and no one will take offense.
7. You can say the same two words either formally or informally. Isn’t that something?
So thank you for taking time to read this bit! 🙂